what has left me or what I have left behind through these years…
- Grandma and Grandpa – I miss you terribly, you will stay in my heart forever.
- My once-best-friend – I miss you and I love you for the person you are. You will forever be the most amazing person I’ve met. Thank you for all the love, memories and lessons.
- My high school/college friends – We may not be in touch like we promised but thank you for all the giggles and timeless memories.
- Duke and Lucy – A doberman and a golden retriever; you changed my life in a wonderful way…you taught me compassion and love. I miss you both.
- My hometown – Even though I visit frequently, I don’t think I’ll ever get to actually live there now. It will forever be home though; like they say- ‘Home is where the heart is’.
- My impulsive streak – You are missed, really missed. All the extra thought that goes behind every little thing now, exhausts me!
- The old me – You were so much more stupid than I’m today, still…I sort of love you. Thank you for the connate stupidity. It has made me who I’m today.
I try to adjust the rear-view sometimes. But it never seems to form a clear picture.
I don’t complain, it is broken. There are small pieces missing here and there.
I can still form vague images.
What I see makes me simper and weep at the same time. I miss some of it, some of it not.
With time, we leave behind so much and gather so much more. I am glad for it all, to have happened the way it did.
In Response: The Weekly Discover Challenge